Nothing generates more concern than a safety or health issue affecting our children. School administrators are faced with a wide array of challenges ranging from shrinking budgets to expanding populations to appeasing parents and teaching staff's demands. When a safety and health issue arises, it can swell to a public outcry resulting in litigation and negative press. High EH&S works with many school districts. We provide objective assessments of exposure risks and make sound recommendations for control. We can assist in developing crisis communication messages which will help to address concerns of stakeholders in a positive way. We have met with teachers, parents and other concerned parties to bring understanding to risk exposures.
Some of the services we provide school districts include:
- Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS or SDS) Inventory and Maintenance
- Fungal (mold) / Bacterial Exposure Evaluations
- Sick-Building Syndrome and Indoor Air Quality Assessments
- (MRSA, Legionella Evaluations)
- Right-to-Know Training for Hazardous Chemicals
- AHERA Asbestos Inspections / Reviews
- Chem-Check(TM) Evaluation for the Presence of Highly Regulated or Hazardous Materials.
- Maintenance Staff Safety Education Programs
- Safety Program Reviews and Policy Development
- Facility Safety Reviews
- Safety Committee Support
- Illness Cluster Evaluations